Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Nevers Mumba Campaign To Be Launched

During a speech at the Pennsylvania Center for International Exchange and Partnership Nevers Mumba announced that he will be launching his presidential campaign:
"I intend to launch in the next few weeks my campaign and that of most Zambians to liberate ourselves from the old politics of hate and imprisonment of opponents and a lack of delivery of goods and services.

I am aware that Zambians want a consensus president and government. I am therefore of the view that the next government must be a people's government which represents the various interests of the Zambian people.

My team and I will continue to dialogue with other opposition parties before launching our campaign.

I remain committed and determined to play a role in the healing process of my nation. "

No comments: